Farber Brothers was established in New York in 1915 by brothers Louis and Harry Farber. Farber Brothers Krome-Kraft is primarily known to collectors for its collaboration with Cambridge Glass Co. on a line of chrome giftware items with removable colored glass inserts.
Brothers Louis and Harry Farber were born in Russia in the late 19th century and immigrated to the United State just after the turn of the 20th century. They began working for S. W. Farber, their older brother, who sold products under the name Farberware. Many collectors mistakenly believe that Farberware and Farber Brothers are synonymous, but despite the fact that all three were brothers, there was in fact no relationship between the two companies. Farberware is still in business today.
Louis and Harry decided to make hollow-ware and brass products that they could sell at competitive prices in the market, a business concept that was successful for nearly fifty years.