Welcome to Toledo Bend Lake – ToledoBendLake.com
The highest ranked and most comprehensive Toledo Bend Lake site online!
Toledo Bend, with its 1,200 miles of shoreline, offers an almost unlimited opportunity for recreational development and is a major element in serving the growing demand for water oriented outdoor recreation. Both private and public facilities are available for swimming, boating, scuba diving, picnicking, fishing, camping, hunting and sightseeing.
Toledo Bend Weekly Fishing Report
- Jan 19, 2022
- FAIR. Water stained; 52-56 degrees; 3.55 feet low. GOOD. The water level is 168.5 with no generators running. The water is clear in the main lake and is muddy in the feeder creeks. Water temperature in the main lake is running 54-58 degrees and further back up in the creeks is 47-48. Largemouth bass have been scattered due to the varying weather patterns (cold and very windy). Crappie are holding in deep water off of brush piles. There have been very few boats running on the lake this week. Monkey milk, NFB T-shad seems to be the winning color in plastics or live minnows in 22-28 feet of water. Winter has made it to East Texas finally with a 27-degree nighttime temperature. The chicken coop area should start getting active now. The white bass will be moving North to the headwaters very soon for their spawn. Kayakers are catching bass using a half-ounce chrome blue back and an imitation bleeding shad rattletraps in 2-6 feet of water. No catfish bites were reported this week, but with the cooling weather and water rising the bite should turn on soon. January and February are good months on TBend for a fish of a lifetime. Good luck and tight lines! Report from Captain Steve (Scooby) Stubbe, Mudfish Adventures LLC, Mudfish Rod Shop, Kayak/Guide Service.
More fishing reports are available at Professional Guide Fishing Reports.
Need to know…
Where to eat? Where to stay? Contractors? Banks? Insurance? Night Clubs? Guides? Groceries?
Toledo-Bend.com – Website of Champions
– Judy Wong
- 2001 – WBFA Classic World Championship
- 2002 – Winner WBFA Invitational
- 2002 – WBFA Classic World Championship
- 2003 – WBFA Classic World Championship
- 2007 – Women’s BassMaster Tour Champion
- 2009 – Women’s BassMaster Champion
- 2010 – Legends of the Outdoors Hall of Fame