Toledo Bend Lake Area Attractions
Yes, Fishing is the main attraction of the Toledo Bend Lake area. But there are plenty of other things to see and do in this area, too! Toledo Bend Reservoir, Sabine National Forest, and the surrounding counties in Louisiana and Texas offer year round access to outdoor adventure in hunting, fishing, boating, water sports, camping, hiking, and many historic sites to be explored. Huge expanses of lake and surrounding forests provide an atmosphere you’ll love as much as those of us who live here do. And the warm hospitality of the many small towns scattered throughout the area will make you reluctant to leave if you come to visit. Some of our towns you will find as dots on the map; some you won’t find on most maps at all; but they’re all charming.
Here are some of the attractions you may want to check on…
- Birdwatching: – Toledo Bend Birding Trail – Texas Side – Toledo Bend Birding Trail – Louisiana Side
- Festivals & Events
- Fishing Tournaments
- History – Historic Sites: – See each of the Counties / Parishes
- Self Guided Road Tour: Ride over part of the old El Camino Real and other historic roads in Sabine County, Texas.
- Camping: Sabine National Forest – SRA Parks / Campgrounds – State Parks & Many private campgrounds, too
- Small, Quiet Lakes: Lake Pinkston – Red Hills Lake